Gambling Treatment and Recovery Services
Problem Gambling, is gambling behavior which causes disruptions in
any major area of life (i.e. psychological, physical financial, legal,
social or vocational as defined by the National Council on Problem Gambling.
The term “Problem Gambling” includes the condition known as “Pathological” or
“Compulsive” Gambling and a less severe condition, “At Risk” Gambling.
Hudson Mohawk Recovery Center now offers Problem Gambling Treatment and Recovery Services to assist individuals who are affected by problem gambling including family members and/or significant others.
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Educational Services on Problem and Pathological Gambling
- Relapse Prevention Services
- Family Services
- Referrals for Financial Counseling
These services may be provided as a distinct service
or in conjunction with substance abuse services.
Services are provided by Credentialed Alcoholism and
Substance Abuse Counselors with a specialty in gambling.
Any questions about services can be directed to our
East Greenbush office at 518-477-7535.
Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
- Spending more time thinking about gambling
- Needing to gamble with more and more money
- Becoming restless or irritable when trying to stop or cut down on gambling
- Gambling to escape problems or feelings of depression or anxiousness
- Losing money by gambling and returning another day to get even
- Using credit cards for cash advances
- Lying to family or others about gambling activities
- Repeating unsuccessful attempts to control gambling by cutting back or stopping
- Committing illegal acts to finance gambling or pay gambling debts
- Risking or losing a significant relationship or career opportunity because of gambling
- Seeking financial bailouts or help from others to relieve a desperate financial situation